Vehicle Ownership Responsibility
Vehicle Ownership & Responsibility
Automotive Shop Transparency
We want to know you. We want you to know us.
How do we care for your car?
Welcome and congratulations on choosing the most advanced and professional automotive shop in North Carolina. We are one of the Top 50 Best Shops in the United States rated by the Automotive Training Institute. We are proud of what we do. When you leave your car with Carmine’s Import Service for service or repair, you have a relationship with us starting at the front counter or on the phone prior to arrival. As a result, our team has several obligations to you, the customer, per company policy and our Code of Ethics. You also can leave your car knowing it will be cared for as if it were our own.
Specifically, our team is taught:
- To perform high-quality repair service at a fair and just price that includes value like no other shop can offer.
- To use only proven merchandise of high quality distributed by reputable firms whether it be direct from the manufacture or the distributor.
- To employ the best skilled technicians obtainable in our area.
- To furnish an itemized invoice for fairly priced parts and services that clearly identifies any used parts if the customer chooses a used option. We ONLY will install a used part in certain circumstances that may make sense financially and with customer approval. Replaced parts may be inspected upon request and sometimes even carry a warranty.
- To have a sense of personal obligation to each customer
- To recommend corrective and maintenance services, explaining to the customer which of these are required to correct existing problems and which are for preventive maintenance and to get the vehicle up to date.
- To offer the customer a price estimate for work to be performed.
- To furnish or post copies of any warranties covering parts or services.
- To obtain prior authorization for all work done, in writing, or by other means satisfactory to the customer. Electronic signature is our most used form of approval.
- To notify the customer if appointments or completion promises cannot be kept.
- To maintain customer service records for one year or more.
- To exercise reasonable care for the customer’s property while in our possession.
- To uphold the high standards of our profession and always seek to correct any and all abuses within the automotive industry.
- To uphold the integrity of all members of our staff and the automotive industry.
When Is Carmine’s Import Service Liable for Damages Resulting from Faulty Service?
We are liable for damages if you suffer damages because of negligent repairs we made. For example, if we change your oil and leave the oil drain plug loose and as a result the engine explodes when you start the car or are driving the car due to the loss of oil directly related to that oil change, we are liable. It does not matter if you already paid the bill and find out about this problem later. We may still be liable, and we will own up to it and make it right and repair the vehicle at our shop and at our expense. However, if we offer to correct those negligent repairs at no cost, and you choose not to, you cannot claim that we caused you damage because you failed to have the problem fixed. Also, you cannot cause the damage through your own negligence or assumption of risk. If you notice oil leaking after an oil change and continue to drive instead of shutting the engine off and calling us that is negligence. Not our problem at that point. It could have been avoided with a tow, oil clean up, transportation, and some time.
What is your responsibility?
Your vehicle. We will do everything in our power to make recommendations, diagnose, repair, and service your vehicle with the expertise we have but your vehicle is your responsibility in the end. Our shop is not responsible for repairs on your vehicle that fail due to pre-existing conditions, improper maintenance, or any Acts of God that we cannot control. We own vehicles too. When they break, we pay to fix them. We love servicing our customers vehicles and we love our customers. We will go above and beyond to help anyone but will not fix a vehicle for free that we did not break. Please make sure you fully understand the way we operate before you enter what we hope to be a meaningful, long lasting relationship. For example, if you come in for an alternator and approve the repairs, the battery tested ok so we didn’t recommend it to save you money, and then it fails a week later that is your battery and we will gladly make you an appointment and give you an estimate to replace the part to get you back on the road but will not be purchasing the battery for you. We love our customers, but our customers must take responsibility for their own cars. We promise to do our part and take responsibility for anything we do incorrectly and provide you the best warranty we can.
To learn more, view our Warranty, Disclaimers, & Payment Polices here.